10.10.08

Nino Bless Explains How The "Slaughter House" Song Came About

Nino Bless posted this on the Joe Budden forum today. Good read, check it out...Or if your lazy read my summary...

He basically says this was the last song for Halfway House, 24 hours before the deadline, Joey reached out to Nino Bless for the record, Nino mentioned Crooked I and how fast he works, check mark on Crooked, Joey then said he wanted Royce and Joell on the track, they had a hard time looking for Royce and it turns out he was in the hospital with his wife as she gave birth, after contacting him Royce left the hospital hours after his wife gave birth and wired a verse for the song, Joell also did his and there you have it all in 24 hours. The song is straight almost 8 minutes no hook, Nino Bless also big ups Budden on completing the Halfway House project (14 new songs) in 2 weeks.



Joe told me he posted the Slaughter House news on his forums and I was browsing lookin at some of you guys talk SHIT. He told me he comes on here as well and tries to be a net ninja with you cats talkin shit and all that. I got ya'll back fuck this bi-polar dude he ain't shit. lol Nah in all actuality I seem some folks who knew who I was and some who didn't. Joe reached out to me to be on "Slaughter House" and it was a honor. I'm the least known cat on the record but Joe put me on this joint for a reason. He knows what I'm capable of and this record was friendly competition with all of us talkin shit to each other. (Joe doing most of the shit talking ha ha) .. actually Joe was a man about this he wanted the best spitters that he could on a record in 24 hours the story of how this record came about and how quick it was done is just insane. I'm also going to post this up on my Hiphopdx blog (plug) but you guys get it here first. (warning ...if you don't want to read how this song came about stop reading now cause this might be long)

This was initially supposed to be Joe and myself on the record cause his deadline was literally on some next day shit. He hit me up like "yo if you can knock out a joint in 24 hours I'll throw it on my Halfway House project." Of course I was hype to be on this cats project. He was on my "Untold Scriptures" with "Times are Hard" but its a huge look for me to be on a Joe Budden project since he's a much bigger artist. We was talking about the record and I mentioned some other shit about Crooked I finishing his verse for something else and he said "damn he works fast lets get him on this shit with me and you if he works that fast" ... So 4AM this dude walks in his crib whispering and shit looking for a beat we get a beat and etc. This dude calls me at 11 AM the next morning like "you finished ya verse"... dude i just got off the phone with u a few minutes ago. Anyways he mentions he wants to get Royce on the record as well as Ortiz ... I was like "damn"

We were trying to track down Royce hardbody for a while. Turns out dude's wife had just given birth. This cat literally stepped out of the hospital a few hours after his wife gave birth ... went in the lab and knocked his verse out and went back to the hospital. Respect to Royce for that on some crazy shit. Crooked and I did our shit quick but ironically Joell was the first dude to get shit done when Joe thought he might not even be on the record cause of how quick he needed this. What was initially set to be a 3 min record with just joe and myself in typical Joe Budden fashion ends up being a 8 minute posse cut with 5 cats lol. The record is crazy and it will live up to the hype no bullshit. (there's some lines that a few dudes kick that might go over ya heads so rewind it) ... If you appreciate bars and lyrics and wanna hear some old school symphony type shit where dudes just go in and rap, no hook, some straight cypher shit where everybody's trying to shine this is a record for you ... classic hip hop

All in all I see some people on a few blogs that have mentioned the Halfway House as a throw away project and trust me it isn't. I'm not speaking this only cause I'm on this forum this is real shit right here. This cat put 14 tracks together in 2 weeks and everytime I spoke to him whether 4AM or 10 AM he sounded beat. We got off the jack after everybody handed they verse at like 5AM and the dude was up at 8AM the next morning for a photo shoot askin me about acapellas. This was some shit Joe busted his ass off to get done for people cause Padded Room got pushed back. He had 10 hours or so til his deadline and he had to record a song and write and record his verse for Slaughter Hourse. Its literally inspired me to get on my shit even harder and go in on a few projects. Dude is wild and this album is worth the money. Some cats in his inner circle think Halfway House is better than Padded Room although Joe wants to smack em with a chineese menu wheneva he hears that shit ... shout outs to Joe for throwing me on the record knowing I had the ability to shine and I think I might suprise some of you folks when you hear my verse. I think I did pretty good BH and Joe what ya'll think?

0 Comments: