29.11.08

New Joe Budden Interview

HipHopCanada: Got it. What is your favourite track from Halfway House?

Joe Budden: That's difficult. Truthfully, the album is incredible front to back but I think my favourite is "Under The Sun". No, probably "Sidetracks" or maybe "Anything Goes". Actually, all three. Yeah, all three.

HipHopCanada: What can we expect from Padded Room?

Joe Budden: Its bananas; trust that. It's my favourite album to date. It's also very dark, my darkest to date. Halfway House is my happy music.

HipHopCanada: When is Mood Musik 4 dropping?

Joe Budden: I’ve been starting and stopping that tape for a while. I can’t even tell you how many times I do that. I go hard; I can’t rush Mood Musik 4!

HipHopCanada: Do you feel you're underrated?

Joe Budden: Yes. That's what I'm supposed to say, right? Well, maybe underrated isn't the right word. Maybe not recognized enough? That's not even right. Maybe not commercial enough?

HipHopCanada: You have a large underground fan base.

Joe Budden: Yeah. Well, I don't know if it's underground as much as it is people who just like realistic music.

HipHopCanada: Are you different in real life than your music portrays?

Joe Budden: I'm so much happier. I think fans would be surprised to know this. That's probably why I am so happy; because I'm so aggressive and depressed in my music.

HipHopCanada: "Calm Down" is the type of track that changes a listener’s life. Can you speak on that?

Joe Budden: Honestly, it's those comments that keep me in music. I frame listener comments and letters that let me know I've made an impact, that's what matters. "Calm Down" is also my favourite track I've ever done. True story and I'm glad it touches people. Even if it helped just one.


Read The Whole Interview Here

0 Comments: