12.12.08

Consequence Inks New Deal, Speaks On Next Album

Just a couple days ago Consequence inked a new deal with Universal/Motown Records and is now hard at work on his sophomore album.

His second album, titled "You win Some, You Lose Some" will be executive-produced by Kanye West, and Q-Tip. He explains the title choice below.

"Day Job came out, I got it out on Sony but the first week was slow, You win some, you lose some, I couldn't get my first single played on MTV, You lose some. But the "Good the Bad and the Ugly" makes it to TRL, You win some. I think that's the perfect title for this album."

In an interview with SOHH Q-Tip spoke on executive-producing the album.

"That's something that Consequence wanted and Kanye and I spoke and we were with it, I think our roles will be the administrators of the heat. Kanye's cool. That's my man. We'll work separately and together. We'll collaborate."

The Cons also touched on how getting millions of hits on the internet does not mean your going to sell.

"What the internet does is heighten your odds but at the end of the day you still gotta make a great record, Shit, I hope I get a record sale for every hit I got on Cons TV. That means I'll go triple platinum. But if it has the effect of 5-10% then that puts me in a better position retail wise than I was last album.

0 Comments: