23.2.09

Rick Ross Vows To Outsell 50 Cent

Via MTV

That's for sport," Ross said about his dis raps aimed at 50. The Miami monster said his underground records won't overshadow the hits on his album. "My freestyles as you could hear them, 'Kiss My Pinky Ring,' I do them in 20 minutes and put them out there. Those crumble empires. People listening to how potent the music is. That's all this really is for me. I'm not really excited yet. All this is a platform for me to show people how talented I am. How much better of a lyricist I am. So if [50] sold 10 [million], my next album should sell 12."

All the extra aside, Ross is spitting on all the Deeper Than Rap records that have leaked so far. The album is sounding like it will definitely be one of the premier offerings of 2009. "On Top of the World" came out Friday, and a week before that, he dropped "Cigar Music."

" 'Cigar Music,' that song is, after you release a song like 'Mafia Music,' it's like playing chess," he said. "Once you clean the table, once you make your moves, once you're satisfied with your result, once you understand the opponent, at some point you gotta sit back and fire up your cigar. That's what I did that record for. It's the calm after the storm. It's timeless music and a preview to let than fans know how much my music has matured. Shout-out to Bink [who produced the track]. I think it's a record that can be appreciated by people who really love clean music."

Deeper Than Rap has guest spots from Nas, Mary J. Blige and Lil Wayne, and last week on "106 & Park," Kanye West revealed he will be featured on "Maybach Music 2."

0 Comments: