5.2.09

T.I. Reveals Details On S.L.U. Performance @ Grammy's

From MTV

One of the highlights of Sunday's 51st Annual Grammy Awards will be the performance of T.I.'s "Swagga Like Us" that's scheduled to feature the song's full lineup of Jay-Z, Kanye West and Lil Wayne together onstage for the first time.

So what took these four superstars so long to perform it together?

"I mean, you know, we all are considerably busy," Tip jokingly told MTV News this week. "We all have different things going on. You can't really get Kanye out of Paris. You can't get Jay off a boat. And you can't get Wayne off that bus.

"And I'm ripping and running across the country doing all I can to remain at the top of my game," he added. "So, all of us have our things going on. But it will be a thing to remember."

Tip was decidedly evasive when he was pressed for details about the performance. But the Atlanta rapper did reveal that the four lyricists agreed on an overall theme for the Grammy showcase. The process will result in each artist displaying a different variation on how the song applies to them.

"We'll all provide our own swag toward that theme," a tight-lipped T.I. said of the concept.

Anything else?

"Nothing that I care to share," he said. "I'm not gonna give away the whole performance. But just know that everybody offers something new and creative to the performance."

0 Comments: