22.10.08

Lil' Wayne's Son Born Today, Speaks On Re-Releasing Tha Carter III


Last Saturday at the BET Awards Lil Wayne announced he had a baby boy dropping in a few days, he was right.

Wayne's son, Dwayne Carter III, was born Wednesday afternoon (October 22), at Christ Hospital in Cincinnati, a rep for the rapper told MTV News. It's Carter's second child. He has a daughter, Reginae Carter, with Antonia "Toya" Johnson, his high school sweetheart, whom he married in 2004 and divorced two years later.

Lil' Wayne also took time to speak on his new re-releasing of Tha Carter III

"I think we're gonna release Tha Carter III — a new Carter III with none of the same songs, though, none of them. Not one! We don't wanna call the next album we got coming out Tha Carter IV. That was the dilemma we were in. We want Carter IV to be what everybody wants it to be. This is something brand-new, so we don't want it to be some experimental thing, 'cause some people are not gonna like this. I don't want them to not like Tha Carter IV. But I do have an album coming soon, very soon, and it's gonna be called ... Tha Carter III: The Rebirth. The birth of a new beginning."

Mixed in with the new material Weezy has been recording will be some of the songs that were supposed to pop on the original CIII, including a duet with Ludacris and possibly all those versions of "A Milli," featuring acts such as Lil Mama, Tyga and Corey Gunz.

"I had a song with Luda called 'Eat You Alive' that was supposed to be on the first Tha Carter III. That will be on the new Carter III," Wayne said.

"Shout to Pharrell," Wayne exclaimed. "I been working with Cool & Dre. They're geniuses — no more, no less. They're amazing. When I get in with a producer, I go in every day with them. It's been Cool & Dre up to this point. I just got some new music from Play N Skillz, new music from Street Runner, new music from DJ Nasty. I'ma check that out, see what I like about that."

No one knows who the baby momma is yet, and I really don't care cause that's enough about his personal life lol. Look out for Tha Carter III: The Rebirth!

0 Comments: