19.10.08

Rhymefest Speaks On Suicidal Thoughts, El Che


In a recent interview Rhymefest talked to SOHH about him having suicidal thoughts and how the leaking of his album helped him.

His album El Che which is now slated for a 2009 release leaked almost track by track to the net last year, but he insists it wasn't entirely bad. "I'm kinda happy that stuff go leaked and I got a chance to look at it from the outside in. I'm like you know what, this is an opportunity for me to go back in and do something that I feel like can move people and not just make a statement." Rhymefest says.

He also said he is thinking about removing the features on his album, he feels he doesnt need a big name co-signer to let people know who he is. "People know who Rhymefest is, at this point I really don't need a cosign. "What I need is my own hit. What I need is to not ride coattails. Look, I got Mark Ronson around me, Kanye around me. Yo, if I can't pull off a song by myself or an album by myself, maybe I don't need to be doing this sh*t."

Rhymefest then went on talking about how he was contemplating taking his own life. His new puppet show with Kanye West was about to get scrapped and his future on J Records was uncertain. "I was dealing with suicidal thoughts at one point not too long ago, I was dealing with things where I was literally on the top of a building looking down like why should I not jump? Why should I not f*cking just end it?"

But luckily Rhymefest decided he has something to live for, and he changed his perspective. "How can you make an album calling yourself Che, a revolutionary, and take your life because things are hard for you? You ain't here for you. You ain't doing it for you." He states.

El Che is scheduled to be released on J Records in 2009.

0 Comments: