11.11.08

Kanye West Speaks On Blueprint III, 808's & Heartbreak


After dropping "Jockin' Jay-Z" and appearing on T.I.'s "Swagger Like Us," Jay-Z had fan's mouths were watering for his Blueprint 3. After reneging on his rumored promise to drop the highly anticipated LP this year, however, word on the street is that Jay doesn't even know when the album is coming. But during an interview with MTV at the European Music Awards last week, Kanye, who has produced a host of tracks for the album, gave fans some insight on the delay.

"I mean, it's phenomenal," Ye said to MTV Base. "We went in and we don't the whole album. He wanted to do a few more joints, so he kinda pushed it back. Now we're gonna go in and just work on some more records. So I got some more stuff to kill it with! I think [Jay pushed the album back because] 'Swagger' just did so incredible. We wanted to go up [and make sure] everything was on that level."

The attention was then turned to Ye's own musical efforts. Ye's forthcoming release, 808s And Heartbreak, is a sharp departure from the album fans were expecting, Good Ass Job. But according to Ye, he's just going where the music takes him.

"Well, I wouldn't put the pressure on myself to do another album; it's like whatever happens, happens," he said. "I'm still thinking of a lot of music. I mean, I'm thinking of a lot of lyrics, and if it comes to me, I just go into the studio and do it and then drop it now. So it's not a whole bunch of gimmicks and marketing, I let the other people do the marketing. ... I'm just like, 'Dude, just figure out how to put the music out.'"

Source

0 Comments: