19.11.08

T-Pain - Auto Tune = ???

Via BallerStatus

At the end of T-Pain's brand new remix for "Can't Believe It," featuring Justin Timberlake, he says that the Auto-Tune effect is "on its way out." Why? Especially after he's made a career out of its use.

In a interview with MTV, Teddy Pain clarified what he meant. "Not for me," Pain explained, "for everybody else."

However, if artists want to make use of the popular Auto-Tune effect, he says he'll give them his blessing ... for a fee. Diddy recently paid Pain for a collaboration, and now he feels everyone else should to.

"I gave T-Pain one point on my [upcoming] album for using the Auto-Tune," Diddy revealed on during "TRL's" Finale on Sunday night (November 16).

"Sign the papers," Pain told MTV. "Diddy actually gave me royalties on this album just for using Auto-Tune. He signed the contract and everything. If I can do that with Diddy, somebody else better be signing something. It's Diddy. He didn't have to involve me at all. ... I'm writing and producing on his album, and he gave me extra royalties on top of that for using something I just brought back."

T-Pain's latest album, Thr33 Ringz, hit stores last week, and debuts at #4 on this week's Billboard 200. The album features collaborations with some major star power, including Ludacris, Chris Brown, Lil Wayne, T.I., Akon, and Kanye West, among others.

In addition, the singer plans to kick off a tour, called I Am Music, this December, and will hit the rode with Keyshia Cole, Gym Class Heroes, and Lil Wayne.


Yeah cause we all know T-Pain invented auto-tune and should be paid when others use it...

Cher on auto-tune>>>

0 Comments: